Last month CrazyEgg published an excellent article from Russ Hennenberry asking the question, Is Audio the Next Big Thing in Digital Marketing? As podcasters you should know the answer is a resounding, Yes!
Now I know we’ve been bombarded by calls of video being the next big thing, but ask yourself this – if you’re driving in your car, or exercising, or out for a run, or cleaning the house – is video a viable option to consume content?
Audio is “eyes free” content. You don’t have to disrupt what you’re doing to consume a podcast. If you consume podcasts I’m going to guess you’re also an audio book fan. How much have you consumed/learned while driving to work each morning?
Let’s look at some more fact that Mr. Henneberry pointed out:
- Digital radio is growing faster than any other audio channel.
- 40% of Americans listened to online radio over the last month.
- In 2012, Pandora listeners consumed 935, 451 years of audio content.
- 200+ million devices running iOS6 are now one click away from a podcast.
- Slate magazine gets over 1 million podcast downloads per month.
If you’re podcasting to enhance the marketing of your product or service, tell us how that’s been significant to your growth?
Check out the article’s infographic below from the CrazyEgg – quite an eye-opener.